Sonu Nigam

The Ultimate, Unofficial Sonu Nigam site/ blog with news updates, rantings and droolings for the best singer of all time!

Monday, October 17, 2005

“I refused David” –Sonu Nigam

By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 17, 2005 - 23:42 IST
He is the guy with the golden voice. Give him a track and Sonu Nigam more often than not lifts the mundane to the magical. The only time that he turns down a song is when the lyrics are offensive or demeaning. “But I got to admit that, it wasn’t the case earlier. I did sing a song like ‘Mera Paon bhari ho gaya’ for a video” Sonu comes candid. He did? “Yes, I was a rank rookie then and you cannot afford to make choices or have an opinion. You just grab the work that comes your way. And to add to the woes was the fact that, music industry when I started out for a poor cousin to acting, so the situation was pretty tough” he implores. Having a line of chartbusters under his belt, he would be calling the shots now, right? “Nah, nothing as dramatic as that. But yes success gives you the freedom to make choices. It lets you pick work of your taste and flavor” the good-looking singer points out. Any recent case wherein he invested this freedom wisely, we hint. “David Dhawan wanted me to sing a particular song for Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya. But I explained him that the lyrics might not be cheesy but I was uneasy doing the piece of work. Fortunately, he understood that and didn’t hold it against me. The last I hear is that they have scrapped the piece altogether” he says, good-naturedly. Good for you Sonu, we prefer you singing a ‘Main Hoon Na’ instead of asking women to join you on ‘rajayis’ and ‘khatiyas’!

** already know about this, but since this article just came up on indiafm, just decided to put it up again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory