Sonu Nigam

The Ultimate, Unofficial Sonu Nigam site/ blog with news updates, rantings and droolings for the best singer of all time!

Friday, April 07, 2006

Sonu Niigaam in a role of a radio jockey

By PTI
Apr 05, 2006, 09:39

Printer friendly page

Mumbai, April 5. (PTI): After a successfull career in playback singing and trying his hand at acting, singer Sonu Niigaam is now all ready to experiment in a new role - that of a radio jockey on a popular radio channel.

Niigaam, who will host a two-hour show on Radio City in Mumbai, said he was looking forward to experimenting with his abilities.

"I would like to explore myself and see if I have it in me to become an RJ. I have always believed that versatility is one of my greatest strengths and I want to explore different mediums," Niigaam told reporters here.

The singer, who has changed his name from Nigam to Niigaam due to numerolgical reasons, said he believed in numerology. "My name Sonu Nigam is numerologically very unlucky for me. It means that any effort I make does not show. That is why I changed the name."

Radio City CEO Apurva Purohit said the channel was looking to consolidate its number one position in the market and portray a studious and academic side to music, which would help with Sonu as an RJ.

"He will be talking to our viewers, listening to their problems and giving them his take on life. We feel that since viewers are already aware of his achievements and persona, it will give us an added edge," she added.


© Copyright 2006 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com



** i know i havent updated for SUCH a long time! i'm soooo sorry!! i've been real busy! this article deanded to be put up. sonu niigaam? i was like "what the...."

i mean i understand his belief in numerology and all that, but him being such a big star and all that, changing ur name to something so obviously weird is just stupid.

i REFUSE to call him NIIGAAM!
 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory